Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sad strange

I am not really sure how to start this off. I work as a tech for a large company i wont name I like it its a ok job, cool in the summer warm in the winter and I get to help people out if only in a small way, so I like that part to. Recently at work they had a contest with pretty neat prizes and all of us worker bees were pretty stoked and started working hard to win. Some, apparently alot cheated and were fired for it. I am not sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand they cheated and in doing so adversely affected our customers and put my employer in a bad spot. On the other this is the worst time in my lifetime to be unemployed and I cant imagine being without a job right now. 
 I would have had a hard time cutting those people loose. If only because I know most people are only two to three checks away from homelessness especially now.  Cheating is cheating and I am coming to understand some may even have done it without knowing but now they are gone and hopefully someone that has hurting for a job will find their way in. Its just so strange to me that my company held a contest to drive performance and because of it a few are without a lively hood. 
Sorry no real point to this one just what was on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home